Appeal and Petitions
SCSU works to represent the students of UTSC and aid in addressing any issues or concerns you may have. With regards to petitions and appeals services, SCSU seeks to provide students with any aid that they need regarding the petitioning process and a range of other amenities. This includes:
- Advice regarding how to go forward with your petition based on where you stand.
- Representation: The final appeals level the student can request for the VP Academics of SCSU to represent them in place of a lawyer.
- Aid with petition writing: We can review your application to find any points where you can strengthen your case.
COMMON PETITION REQUESTS INCLUDE
- Missed Exam/Assignment
- Dropped Course passed the Deadline (Late Withdrawal – LWD)
- Exam/Assignment/Final Grade Appeal
- Accused of Plagiarism
To book an appointment with the VP Academics please complete the Petitions and Appeals Intake Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with any supporting documents. This service works on a first-come, first-serve basis and due to high demand it may take up to a week for your request to be processed.
RESOURCES & TIPS
- Remember to photocopy everything you are submitting
- Be sure to have filled all appropriate University forms (medical forms/accessibility forms)
- Provide supporting documentation (support letters)
- Everything related to a petition is confidential, and will only be viewable by the VP Academics and University Affairs of the SCSU, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- You can request to review the information in your file at any time.
Check out these helpful links as well: